Think it’s impossible to find a low-carb substitute for pasta? Think again. Zucchini noodles are just as tasty (and filling) as their grain counterpart and simple to make. Let’s get cooking!
- 4 medium zucchini
- Olive oil
- Wash the zucchini and cut off the ends.
- Using a spiralizer, place one zucchini between the blade and holder.
- Apply a small amount of pressure to the handle and turn it while keeping the opposite end in place.
- Cut your spirals a few times so they’re not too long to eat.
- Pour a splash of olive oil into a pan over medium heat, then add the noodles and cook for 3 – 5 minutes.
- From there, add a touch of olive oil and seasoning for an easy shrimp scampi dish or garnish with avocado sauce and cherry tomatoes for an all-out-veggie plate.
Oh, and as for seconds – no need to feel guilty.
By Rima Butto, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The Style Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.