As it turns out, those empty bottles of Malbec adorning my kitchen windowsill serve a higher (and more aesthetically pleasing) purpose. I have two words for you: home décor. From monogrammed wine cork letters to wine cork bulletin boards, there are a ton of ways to turn the remnants of wine night with the girls into eye-catching home accessories.
What you’ll need:
- A wooden monogrammed letter of your choice or a bulletin board
- A glue gun or glue sticks
- A razor blade
- A drinking buddy (let’s face it – that’s a lot of legwork to accomplish solo). If you’d rather not waste time or money building up your cork collection, you can order them online or check out a local craft store.
- Before you start gluing, organize your corks on the letter frame to figure out which sizes best fit the dimensions of the letter or bulletin board (just beware of the domino effect).
- As you’re organizing, make sure that any corks featuring a unique graphic are facing out.
- Once you have the corks laid out, glue them on to the wooden letter or bulletin board. Contrary to the timeless piece of wisdom that cautions against mixing your alcohol, don’t be afraid to combine different colored corks.
- Using the razor blade, quarter a few corks and use these pieces to fill in any gaps.
- Place the finished product on a mantel, bookcase, or other focal point where it’ll be sure to catch the attention of houseguests.
By Lauryn Paiva, Staff Writer
Recycled your wine bottles into cool home décor? Share your how-to in the comments below or tweet us @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.Pin It