Let’s play a game of would you rather. Would you rather jog on the beach or hike through pine-crested mountains? Get a luxurious massage or learn how to prepare a gourmet meal? Escape to quaint New England or buzzing Las Vegas?
Have your answers? Good. Now make it all happen with the help of Canyon Ranch® – a 35-year-strong health and wellness pioneer. Here’s your guide.
Continue reading “Your Ideal Unwind: Escapes for Every Personality” »
Life. Gets. Crazy. That’s a simple fact. But calm is attainable – even on the busiest of days. All you have to do is breathe.
According the experts at Canyon Ranch®, controlled, purposeful breathing is a powerful tool you can call upon anytime, anywhere. When your chest tightens. When you lose focus. When those deadlines start creeping up, and the emails keep piling in. You know, like… today.
Here’s how to start the unwind. (Feel free to try it right at your desk.)
- Sit down. Make sure you’re comfortable, then rest your hands on your stomach.
- Inhale deeply, inflating your abdomen to its full capacity. Release your breath slowly.
- On the next inhale, fill your abdomen again. Then move that breath into your ribs.
- Breathe out. First release the air in your ribs, then your abdomen.
- Inhale one more time, again moving your breath into your abdomen, then your ribs, then finally into your chest.
- Release your breath in reverse order and repeat.
Want to take the calm a step further? Our Canyon Ranch® Boutique opens Tuesday, October 15, at 11AM ET.
By Joanna Berliner, Editor
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.