With a certain soccer tournament right around the corner, we’ve got the sport on the brain. And fashion? Well, here at Rue, that goes without saying. But it turns out these two things are more entwined than you think. Yes, there are the colorful jerseys and knee-high socks, but there’s more to it. Here are three connections you may not know about.
Continue reading “Soccer & Fashion: More Connected Than You Think” »
Classic. Edgy. Off-the-charts luxe. These eight go-to men’s brands each have a distinct identity, but their common trait? They’re icons – and they all belong in your closet. Here’s why.
Continue reading “8 Iconic Men’s Brands to Build Your Wardrobe With” »
A Tuesday roundup of our recent Pinterest obsessions
Awards season isn’t letting up anytime soon. Next on the list? The Oscars – and when it comes to Academy fashion, we’re totally on board with Hollywood stylist Brad Goreski’s dress predictions.
1. Jennifer Lawrence recently signed on for three more years with Christian Dior. So we all know what she’s wearing.
2. Goreski wants to see Sandra Bullock in Versace, and why not? Gaga isn’t the only girl who can rock it.
3. Claiming with confidence that Cate Blanchett will likely wear Givenchy, we think this stylist may have just have insider information.
4. Lupita Nyong’o has been lighting up the red carpet in American designs. So, Goreski thinks it’s time she works it the Parisian way – in Chanel.
5. We didn’t get a prediction on this one, but we’re putting our money on Amy Adams wearing Ralph Lauren.
Can’t get enough Pinterest inspiration? Check out past boards that caught our eye.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.
From Versace to Valentino, take a peek behind the labels that have defined men’s formalwear. Through trial, tribulation, unexpected deaths, and iconic on-screen moments, these luxury houses continue to rule the fashion roost.
Founded in Rome, 1945
Classic cuts made for the ever-confident guy, charismatic businessman, and bona fide bad boy. Brioni is known as the official suit of James Bond (worn by actors Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig) and was made infamous by New York crime boss John Gotti of the Gambino family – who earned his nickname, “Dapper Don,” thanks to his extensive wardrobe of custom Brioni suits. These timeless pieces were also favorites of handsome Hollywood hall-of-famers Clark Gable and Cary Grant, and can be seen on today’s red carpets on the likes of Al Pacino, Kirk Douglas, and Donald Trump.
Founded in Milan, 1978
Contemporary, one-of-a-kind, stand-out-from-the-crowd pieces, these suits are for the man who likes to make an entrance. Worn famously by rap stars and musicians alike, the distinguished Versace name is associated with glamour and over-the-top chic. Elton John dons Versace duds encrusted with diamonds or crystals. Versace designs were also favorites of the late rap star Tupac Shakur and Guns N’ Roses frontman Axl Rose.
Continue reading “Luxe to the Last Stitch: A Look Behind the Labels” »