If CÉLINE’s head-to-toe ensemble for the Resort 2013 collection is any indication, the polka dot trend is set to pop up all over this season. To give your nails a piece of the spotted fun, check out the tips below on how to achieve a fashion-forward polka dot manicure:
What You’ll Need:
- Two polish colors (I used essie’s “Lady Like” and Sally Hansen’s “White On”)
- Scrap paper
- Mechanical pencil
- Clear top coat
- Paint your nails with two coats of the color you would like for the base. Let them dry completely.
- Put three large drops of your second color on a piece of scrap paper.
- Dab the tip of the mechanical pencil into the puddle of polish and gently dot each nail until you get a design you like.
- Let polka dots dry for a few minutes.
- Apply a clear top coat to finish.
By Carolyn Schultz, Staff Writer
Have a manicure tip? Share in the comments below, or tweet us at @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.