This Father’s Day, show Dad (and every father figure you know) how much you care with this DIY tie manicure. Just follow the simple steps below.
What You’ll Need:
- White and blue nail polish (I used Sally Hansen’s “White On” and O.P.I’s “What’s with the Cattitude”)
- Sally Hansen’s Nail Art Pens (in any bright colors)
- Metallic nail polish (in gold or silver)
- Clear top coat
- Paint your nails with two coats of polish, alternating between white and blue on each nail. Let nails dry completely.
- Using a Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen, draw a small upside-down triangle at the top of the nail.
- Using the same pen, draw a diamond shape starting at the bottom point of the triangle to create the “tie.”
- Do this for each nail, using different Sally Hansen Nail Art Pens for each.
- Dip a toothpick into the colored polish and draw either dots or stripes onto the “tie.”
- Finish with a clear top coat.
By Carolyn Schultz, Staff Writer
Want more mani how-tos? Check out our weekly Mani Monday column.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.