A Tuesday roundup of our recent Pinterest obsessions
The fact that Thanksgiving is this week is reason enough to celebrate. But throwing Hanukkah into the mix? Things are about to get wild.
1. What comes first? Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, of course.
2. A scarf for the chilly drive and an empire-waist dress for an impending full stomach.
3. Setting the table can be tedious. But it’s not often the dining room gets a chance to be the center of attention.
4. Forget the turkey. We want to skip right to the dessert.
5. After this year, Thanksgivukkah might not happen for another for 79,000. So we’re going all out.
Can’t get enough Pinterest inspiration? Check out past boards that caught our eye.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.
Store-bought pie? Who can blame you – that beast of a turkey took some serious time. Your super sneaky (and easy) solution? Made-from-scratch toppers brought to us by Amanda Hesser and Merrill Stubbs, co-founders of Food52 and our own Rue Living Inspirers.
Coconut Cajeta & Chocolate Fondue
“We loved the idea of fondue made with chocolate and cajeta (a close cousin of dulce de leche), and when we saw that this recipe used coconut milk in the cajeta, well, there was no holding us back. The fondue is silken and almost custardy, punctuated with rum and vanilla and generously salted, the way we like caramel to be. Not surprisingly, it is quite rich and sweet, and we found our favorite dipping instrument ended up being salty, extra-dark pretzels.”
Continue reading “Add a Homemade Touch to Prepared Desserts: Sauces from the Founders of Food52” »