Nothing says summer like the perfect pair of leather sandals (worn on a patio, sipping a cucumber martini… but we digress). The only thing standing in your way? The fear of blisters – it’s real.
Thankfully, Real Simple taught us this trick so we could ditch the Band-Aids:
- Strap on your new leather sandals.
- Fill a bucket with water.
- Quickly step in and out of the water.
- Towel off any excess water.
- Wear the sandals damp to soften them up.
Note: Not all leather is created equal, so be sure to do a quick water test on a hidden patch before you take the full plunge.
Once they dry, your kicks will be molded to your feet and take their rightful place as your go-to summer shoe. Now all that’s left is tracking down that cucumber martini.
By Ashley Bell, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.