Winter isn’t the only time when a smoky eye is appropriate. In softer shades (think brown, bronze, and even purple), this brighter, smudged-out makeup trend is completely doable for spring. Below, a step-by-step guide to achieving the look.
1. Prep skin with a super silky foundation to even skin tone and create a blank canvas.
2. Dust a warm brown, bronze, or light purple eye shadow all over lids, blending toward the brow bone.
3. Paint a slightly darker shade in the crease of your eyelid for depth.
4. For super-sharp definition, use a high-precision liner (in black or dark brown) with a handy smudger on the end to line your upper and lower lashes.
5. Smudge, smudge, smudge until you achieve a soft, blended look.
6. Finish off with a swipe of jet black mascara to frame your spring smoky eye.
By Brianna Lapolla, Staff Writer
Will you try the smoky eye for spring? Share in the comments below, or tweet us at @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.