Whimsical dressing is one way to escape the dreariness of the impending winter weather. Enchanted forests came to life on the Fall 2014 runways with leafy sets, embroidered animal motifs, and hooded capes, making a mysterious, dreamlike vibe one of the season’s most compelling trends. Here are five key items to complete your fairytale look.
- Casadei Suede Butterfly Shoe. Rich black suede and butterfly appliques add a playful twist on the standard strappy sandal.
- Bottega Veneta Snakeskin Bag. A classic shape is made current with genuine green snakeskin and black hardware.
- Caruana Bordeaux Wool Hooded Coat. Pull on this luxurious coat – a wearable take on Little Red Riding Hood’s signature look – for extra warmth on dark winter days.
- Shoshanna Multicolor Printed Dress. Swap your usual LBD for dark graphic prints that evoke a sense of drama.
- gorjana “Buckley” 18K Plated Antler Drop Earrings. Delicate antler earrings are a subtle nod to the outdoorsy trend.
By Kasey Rowe, Assistant Fashion Editor
What are your must-haves from this week’s Boutiques? Tweet us at @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.