Cue the season of entertaining – and with it, an insurmountable amount of hors d’oeuvres. In my case: lots and lots of cheese plates.
For a twist on my average serveware, I found inspiration in this seasonal DIY and made my own little cheese plate – in under an hour! All you need is a white plate (secret: your local dollar store has loads of them), a Porcelaine 150 pen (found at any craft store), a list of your very favorite cheeses, and an oven.
- Wash and dry your white plate thoroughly.
- Write down a list of your favorite cheeses. Want to skip this step? Peep this extensive list.
- Using the Porcelaine 150 pen, carefully write your list of cheeses around the edge of the plate. It’s okay if it looks scribbled, but if you want to make your writing straight, try blue painter’s tape.
- Make a mistake? No worries. Simply wipe with a wet paper towel and start again.
- Once you’re happy with your plate, bake at 300°F for 30 minutes.
- Let set for 24 hours, then add cheese and serve.
By Joanna Berliner, Editor
Have a favorite DIY? Share it in the comments below or tweet us at @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.