Rue magazine editor shares 12 daily gift picks for everyone on your list
You have a whole row of cubicle mates to gift. And Rue magazine Editor-in-Chief Crystal Palecek has picked a practical – and work-appropriate – present.
Sisters Gourmet 10-Piece Baking Mix Set
“Secure your title as office favorite.”
Find this set and more in our A Gazillion Gifts Boutique now. Then click here to see all of Crystal’s must-have gift picks.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.
Continue reading “Gifting with Crystal Palecek: What to Get Your Coworkers” »
Have everyday white dinnerware? Elevate it to create a stunning yet simple holiday brunch tablescape with help from stylist and Rue Living Inspirer Matthew Mead.
1. Build the Buffet
“Create a pretty brunch buffet with white pedestals, trays, platters, and bowls. Include a rustic touch like this birch box filled with bulbs to add a natural element to the mix.”
2. Arrange Seating
“Holiday cards can easily be transformed into place cards. Fill a bowl with foam and top with faux snow. Attach card (with guest’s name and a note inside) to a wire stand placed in the foam.”
3. Add Unexpected Touches
“Swap out your everyday tablecloth for a white faux-fur throw. Mix and match dinnerware for texture and design that work seamlessly together.”
Craving more? Check out Matthew Mead’s latest book, Christmas All Through the House, then shop our Sunday Supper: Christmas Brunch Boutique on Sunday, December 8, at 11AM ET.
By Julia Ivins, Staff Writer
Continue reading “3 Steps to Stylish Brunch Décor with Matthew Mead” »
Fighting crowds at the grocery store minutes before guests arrive? Save that for the amateurs. This Thanksgiving, you’re starting early. Covering every detail from table décor to turkey garnishes, lifestyle expert and Rue Living Inspirer Camille Styles dishes on her foolproof agenda.
Two Weeks Before
- Inventory your dishes and serving pieces. If you need more of anything, this is the time to purchase, rent, or borrow.
- Choose your tabletop palette and centerpiece. Consider incorporating natural elements. Lay a sprig of berries or dried wheat on linen napkins at each place setting.
One Week Before
- Order the turkey (the star of the show) and purchase bar essentials. Most liquor stores will deliver with advance notice. Bonus points for serving mulled wine or hot cider.
- Finalize your guest list and make place cards for the table.
Five Days Before
- Pick out your outfit and plan your menu. While I love the classics, I always make sure to try out a couple of new dishes to surprise guests. Dishes overflowing with color and flavor are key to a beautiful spread.
Continue reading “Count Down to Thanksgiving with Lifestyle Expert Camille Styles” »