As October becomes more official with each turning leaf, it’s time to shift our footwear selection to complement the season – boot season, that is. And making an annual return to cover our legs in buttery leather is the classic English-style riding boot. But before we walk the walk, let’s talk about the origin of the coveted equestrian style.
Continue reading “Best in Show: The Origin of the Riding Boot” »
A Tuesday roundup of our recent Pinterest obsessions
As happy as we were to have a day off, Labor Day weekend made us realize it’s about time to wave goodbye to these summer staples.
1. Popsicles just don’t taste as sweet when the temps turn down.
2. Goodbye, beach hair. Hello, sleek strands.
3. Sure, you can take a road trip any time of year, but the summer road trip is a classic.
4. ‘Tis the season for boats to hibernate.
5. You may have to wait awhile to see your blooming garden again, but at least you have new riding boots.
Can’t get enough Pinterest inspiration? Check out past boards that caught our eye.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.
Ahh, boot season. Just about every year at this time, the riding-boot lust creeps up and we just have to get our hands on a new pair. They’re always so pretty right out of the box. But – let’s be honest – these shoes take a lot of wear and tear. They crunch through leaves, snow, and dirt, after all.
Want to save your beloved boots from total destruction? Just consider these tips (even if you’re not into the whole equestrian thing).
Continue reading “Saddle Up: How to Keep Your Riding Boots Looking New” »