You know how, as a child, you never believed your parents when they told you that good things come in small packages? Well, here’s some evidence that could have been handy back when you were nine years old. Use these homemade holiday crackers to decorate each place setting at your next dinner party, and send each guest home with a little memento of the night.
What you’ll need:
- Decorative wrapping paper
- A cardboard paper towel roll
- A surprise to hide inside
- Curling ribbon
1. Cut wrapping paper into 7″ x 14″ strips.
2. Split cardboard paper towel roll evenly in half (this will make two crackers).
3. Fill the tube with a small trinket like nail polish, a piece of costume jewelry, a lottery ticket, or a few chocolates.
4. Roll the wrapping paper around the tube and secure it with a piece of tape in the middle.
5. Gather the excess wrapping paper on both ends of the tube, pinch, and tie a double knot with curling ribbon.
6. Curl the ribbon ends using a pair of scissors.
To open, pull one end while a friend pulls the other until the tube bursts and reveals the surprise inside!
By Grace Romanowsky of Valenki By ACE, Staff Writer
How did your road test fare? Share it in the comments below or tweet us at @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.