It’s road-trip time. From Boston to Phoenix, behold: a collection of inspiration for your next weekend getaway. Pack the car, turn on some tunes (“Hot town, summer in the city…”), and make way for the highway.
1. Chicago is the place to be when temps soar. Catch a game at Wrigley Field, then cool down in Lake Michigan.
2. Walk The Highline, shop Brooklyn Flea, and go on a pizza tour? Please, take us to New York. Today.
3. Nothing says summer quite like palm trees set against the sunset in Miami’s South Beach.
4. Had enough humidity? Head to the dry heat of Phoenix. Canyons, cacti, and local flavors, like green chili sauce and jerk chicken.
5. And finally, visit Boston – our hometown – for North End cannoli, Newbury Street, and the breezy Public Garden (along with its tulips and swan boats).
Can’t get enough Pinterest inspiration? Check out past boards that caught our eye.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.
If I had any doubts that New York City is the fashion capital of America, they were laid to rest when I attended the HSFI (High School of Fashion Industries) senior show in Chelsea. The show also honored Ruben and Isabel Toledo, the dynamic duo known for their incredible fashion illustration (him) and fashion design (her).
Founded in 1926, HSFI is the only high school dedicated to fashion studies in the country (and perhaps, the world). The school’s Advisory Board reads like a Who’s Who of industry heavyweights, with folks from Lancôme, Allegri, ICP (International Center of Photography), Mandee, Geneva Watch Group, Saks Fifth Avenue, and The Fragrance Foundation supporting the students and school with materials, mentoring, and money.
We’re all about destination glamour and transporting our customer to a location. And every season, I design collections based on two inspirations: a muse and a place. For Fall 2010, I was inspired by Jackie O. and her years in New York City.
What is my favorite street? Stops along memory lane pop into my head like strobe lights. The coastline along Cinque Terre, its trail through the five towns with the sound of water crushing against the coast. The image of Delhi Polo grounds still fresh with its smell of morning dew. But after my thoughts traveled around the world, they brought me back home, back to New York City. Continue reading “My Favorite Rue” »
DANI INCROPERA INTERVIEWS HEATHER THOMSON AND KELLY ROWLAND
We were so excited (and incredibly proud) to sponsor the City of Hope’s Spirit of Life Award Luncheon and Yummie Tummie fashion show in NYC. Not only does City of Hope help a great cause, but the event involved a runway show of one of our favorite woman-friendly fashion essentials. Our reporter, Dani Incropera, went behind the scenes to chat with Yummie Tummie designer and founder Heather Thomson and other high-profile stars. Watch our exclusive footage now: