Have the latest news articles at your fingertips (literally) with the newspaper manicure. This mani is for everyone from the aspiring journalist to the average manicure-obsessed woman (myself included). Achieve this newsworthy look using the steps below.
What You’ll Need:
- Newspaper (I like to use the Style section)
- White or grey nail polish (I used Sally Hansen’s White On)
- Small glass rubbing alcohol
- Clear top coat
- Cut out ten small pieces of newspaper (enough to cover your entire nail) and set them aside.
- Paint two coats of white or grey polish on your nails and let dry completely.
- Soak one nail in the rubbing alcohol.
- Place strip of newspaper on nail and hold for 15 seconds, making sure to press the whole nail.
- Remove the newspaper from left to right. Doing this will keep the ink from smudging.
- Repeat for all nails.
- Finally, apply a clear top coat to keep the design in place.
By Carolyn Schultz, Staff Writer
Have a manicure tip? Share in the comments below or tweet us at @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.