Guys, there’s no escaping the fact that we’re fully in the throes of fall. There’s a definite chill in the air. Shorts are officially in storage (if you’re organized like that). Your jeans, khakis, and corduroys are back in full rotation. But what should you be wearing on top? We have the answers – that also happen to be totally in right now.
Plaid is a classic men’s pattern, one you can wear pretty much anywhere. But go about it wrong and you run the risk of looking like a lost lumberjack. So take note:
- When suiting up with a plaid button-front, always pair it with a dark tie.
- Never mix your plaids and checks. Remember: gingham, tattersall, and plaid are all different.
- Leave plaid pants to the pro golfers. Period.
- Plaid should be worn as an accent – not the main attraction. Limit yourself to one plaid piece per outfit and anchor your ensemble with a solid color.
- Don’t be afraid to go unconventional. Sure, red and blue are classic plaid hues, but pastels and brights are great for summer.
Our Road Trip Across America: Manhattan – Men Boutique opens Tuesday, July 9, at 11AM.
By Keriann Coffey, Associate Blog Editor
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.