Spring is officially here, and that means one thing: it’s time to break out those pastels. My favorite way to rock them? With a manicure, of course.
For a new take on pastel nails, I’m looking to a spring tradition of mine – dyeing eggs for the holidays. Check out a few egg patterns here and then follow the steps below to create your own egg-inspired manicure.
What You’ll Need:
- Pastel nail colors (I used essie’s “turquoise & caicos” and “lilacism,” Milani’s “Tip Toe Pink,” and American Apparel’s “Neon Yellow”)
- Sally Hansen’s Nail Art Pen in white
- Clear top coat
- A steady hand
- Paint each nail a different pastel color with two coats of polish.
- Apply a clear top coat and let dry completely.
- Using the Nail Art Pen, draw different designs and patterns on each nail. (Polka dots and squiggly lines are my favorites.)
- Finish with another application of the clear top coat.
- Show them off!
By Carolyn Schultz, Staff Writer
Have a manicure tip? Share in the comments below, or tweet us at @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.