Lace. It’s a demure staple that gets a sultry makeover the second it’s dressed up with shades of black. But there are so many ways that this embellishment can be worked into a dress – and each sends a message all its own:
1. Lacy numbers in colorful brights are as popular as ever. Playful, feminine, and practically screaming with I’m-ready-for-anything spontaneity – what’s not to love? Pair with same-colored stilettos for a double dose of energy.
2. With the simple omission of lining, lace goes from sweet to daring in an instant. The sheer back and well-placed cutout of this dress tells the world you have a girly side and are usually the first on the dance floor.
3. No surprise here: lace is synonymous with classic elegance. Whether it’s just a sheer cap sleeve or covering the whole bodice, floor-length gowns invite lacy detailing of all kinds. Consider it your official nomination for the night’s best dressed.
4. Black is all that’s needed to give this delicate fabric some serious allure. Ideal for everything from girls’ nights to weddings, this is not your typical LBD. It’s the understated oomph that highlights your fashion savvy (and makes you stand out).
5. Forget fragile. This dainty detail carries its own weight as an allover embellishment. Structured and often accompanied by beading, heavier lace dresses up even the simplest of sheaths. That go-big-or-go-home personality trait? Revealed.
Our Shop Now, Toast Later: Cocktail & Gala Dresses Boutique opens Saturday, July 20, at 11AM ET.
By Abigail Kuzia, Editor
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.