Been there, done that. When it comes to carving pumpkins, I’ve tried it all – spooky castles, wicked witches, and everything in between.
So, when it came to those two perfect pumpkins I picked out at the local farm with help from my four-year-old niece, we focused on polka dots – her new favorite obsession. Stickers in hand, we decorated one pumpkin with multi-size round stickers, then spray-painted the surface black. For the second, we cut off the top, scooped out the seeds, and used a drill to make holes all over.
Black spray paint
Drill and 3/4-inch bit
Knife and spoon (to prep pumpkin #2)
One tea light candle
1. Wipe down both pumpkins to rid surfaces of any dirt.
2. Start with pumpkin #1. Add stickers as shown above and douse in black spray paint (one coat is all it needs).
3. Once dry, peel stickers off pumpkin #1 and revel in your polka-dotted finished product.
4. For pumpkin #2, cut off top and remove seeds.
5. Drill holes where desired.
6. Add the lit tea light candle, replace top, and display.
By Emily Gibbons of LuckyLittleLove.com, Staff Writer
Have a favorite pumpkin DIY? Share it in the comments below or tweet us @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.