A lot of things can throw off your exercise game – forgetting headphones, a subpar sports bra, and so on. Your tresses, on the other hand, don’t have to be on that list. We found the ultimate hairstyle for each of your workouts.
For yoga, stay true to the principles of the practice and keep it simple. A braid is the perfect style for this workout. Feeling adventurous? Try a rope braid.
1. Bring your hair over to one side and separate it into two sections.
2. Twist each section in the same counter-clockwise direction.
3. As you twist, bring the back section over the front, and repeat this until you’ve finished the braid.
4. Secure the end with an elastic. If you like, you can loosen the sections a bit to give your braid texture.
Nothing can spoil a run quite like hair flying in your face. Wear this sectioned ponytail to keep strands in place.
1. Pull all your hair back into a high ponytail and tie it with an elastic.
2. Every inch or so, tie on another elastic until you reach the end of your hair.
3. Lightly pull the sections apart to give them some more volume.
4. Pin up any flyaways and give the whole thing a quick once-over with hairspray.
If you’re going for a bike ride, a ‘do that will fit under your helmet is essential. We suggest a low crisscrossed ponytail.
1. Gather your hair from behind your ears and tie it into a low ponytail. Leave the long pieces from your ears forward loose.
2. Take a small piece from the right side, pull it over the ponytail, and secure it to the left side of your head with a bobby pin.
3. Continue crisscrossing pieces until all the hair from the front sections is pinned.
4. Gather the loose ends from these pieces and put another elastic around the pony and loose pieces.
The best part? These styles are both practical and pretty, so after-gym plans are no sweat.
By Leah Welcome, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The Style Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.