Wedding season is in full bloom, which means you’re probably an expert at catching bouquets by now. Next time around, consider saving – and drying – those flowers to put on display for more than one day.
- Bottle of aerosol hairspray
How to do it:
- Tie twine around the stems to keep them together.
- Lightly mist each blossom with hairspray.
- Hang them upside down in a cool, dark place (like your basement or closet) for two to five days.
- Arrange them in a vase. If you’re careful not to break the petals (this can be tricky), the colors and shapes of the flowers will last.
The best part about this centerpiece? It’s an easy upcycle. And, well, free.
By Jillian Hudon, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The Style Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.