Fighting crowds at the grocery store minutes before guests arrive? Save that for the amateurs. This Thanksgiving, you’re starting early. Covering every detail from table décor to turkey garnishes, lifestyle expert and Rue Living Inspirer Camille Styles dishes on her foolproof agenda.
Two Weeks Before
- Inventory your dishes and serving pieces. If you need more of anything, this is the time to purchase, rent, or borrow.
- Choose your tabletop palette and centerpiece. Consider incorporating natural elements. Lay a sprig of berries or dried wheat on linen napkins at each place setting.
One Week Before
- Order the turkey (the star of the show) and purchase bar essentials. Most liquor stores will deliver with advance notice. Bonus points for serving mulled wine or hot cider.
- Finalize your guest list and make place cards for the table.
Five Days Before
- Pick out your outfit and plan your menu. While I love the classics, I always make sure to try out a couple of new dishes to surprise guests. Dishes overflowing with color and flavor are key to a beautiful spread.