With wedding season right around the corner, what better way to say “I do” to your date than with these DIY tuxedo nails? Even Zooey Deschanel got in on the fun when she put her tips in formal wear for the 2011 Golden Globes.
What You’ll Need:
- White nail polish
- Sally Hansen’s Nail Art Pen in black
- Clear top coat
- Paint your nails with two coats of white polish and let dry completely.
- Using the black nail pen, paint the tips of the nails (like a French manicure).
- To create the bow tie, use the black nail pen to draw two sideways triangles (with the points facing toward one another) just below the cuticle.
- Apply a small dot between the triangles to finish the bow tie.
- Place three dots below the bow tie for the buttons.
- Finish with a clear top coat.
By Carolyn Schultz, Staff Writer
Want more mani how-tos? Check out our weekly Mani Monday column.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.