To achieve on-trend pointy nails – as seen on Lady Gaga and Rihanna – without actually getting the clippers out, check out the DIY illusion manicure below (it also makes for a great April Fools’ trick).
What You’ll Need:
- Two nail colors – one neutral, one bright (I used Sally Hansen’s “Nude Now” and OPI’s “Dutch Tulips”)
- Clear top coat
- Paint your nails with two coats of the neutral color.
- Apply a clear top coat and let dry completely.
- Cut semi-thin pieces of tape and place two strips on each nail, forming an open triangle.
- Using the bright polish, paint the inside of the triangle and let dry completely.
- Gently peel the tape off the right side, followed by the left. Doing this will help prevent smudging.
- Finish with another application of the clear top coat.
By Carolyn Schultz, Staff Writer
Want more mani how-tos? Check out our weekly Mani Monday column.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.