From the softer-than-soft feel to the luxurious look, there’s no denying that cashmere is a cold-weather must. But what you didn’t know? Here I unravel five lesser-known truths about the textile.
1. “Cashmere” derives from Kashmir – the region in southern Asia that first exported it.
2. The yarn comes from the fine undercoat fibers of the cashmere goat.
3. No wrinkles here – pack plenty of scarves, sweaters, tees, and more for throw-on-and-go holiday travel.
4. Cashmere becomes softer with age (yes, you heard right), so stock up.
5. This textile warms in winter and cools in spring for year-round wear and double the use.
By Brianna Lapolla, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The Style Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.