Getting around in extreme weather can certainly be a battle, especially when you’re trying to look chic while pounding the pavement. Take a cue from the fall runways and look for of-the-moment utilitarian details (think exposed zippers and oversized pockets) to elevate the pieces you’ll wear all season.
- Movado “Sportivo” Watch. A sporty watch flawlessly complements your urban uniform.
- Rebecca Taylor Tweed Long Coat. This classic black-and-white tweed coat boasts deep front pockets that are big enough to warm cold hands and hold an extra pair of gloves.
- Design History Ribbed Fisherman Sweater. I want to live in warm, chunky knits all season. Comfy and cozy? Yes, please.
- Tom Ford “Alix” Leather Tote. Padlock your valuables to protect them from the perfect storm in the front pocket of this richly hued bag.
- Jimmy Choo “Youth” Waxed Suede Boot. Walk the walk in boots that already look like they’ve trudged through the snow. Tough hardware gives this pair an edge.
By Elizabeth Burns, Assistant Fashion Editor
What are your must-haves from this week’s Boutiques? Tweet us at @ruelala to share.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.