Whether cousins are crashing or a college friend is coming to town, summertime is sure to be jam-packed with visitors. From fresh flowers to thank-you-for-coming gifts, these expert tips will have overnighters begging for an invite back.
- Declutter the entryway so friends know right where to drop shoes and purses.
- Place a list of must-see sites on the bedside table (next to bottled water and fresh flowers).
- As a thank-you-for-coming, leave a small gift – like a scented candle or hand-painted tray – on the bed.
- Tape labels on the back of each remote with how-to-use instructions.
- Keep towels, toilet paper, and soaps in plain sight so guests don’t have to search.
- Preset the coffeemaker so overnighters wake up to a fresh brew.
Don’t be stressed by spontaneous visits. The Guest-Ready Home: Inviting Furnishings Boutique opened Thursday, June 5, at 11AM ET.
By Julia Ivins, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.