A Tuesday roundup of our recent Pinterest obsessions
As happy as we were to have a day off, Labor Day weekend made us realize it’s about time to wave goodbye to these summer staples.
1. Popsicles just don’t taste as sweet when the temps turn down.
2. Goodbye, beach hair. Hello, sleek strands.
3. Sure, you can take a road trip any time of year, but the summer road trip is a classic.
4. ‘Tis the season for boats to hibernate.
5. You may have to wait awhile to see your blooming garden again, but at least you have new riding boots.
Can’t get enough Pinterest inspiration? Check out past boards that caught our eye.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.
Most designers take a low-key approach to the Resort season by presenting their collection in a showroom setting to an intimate, by-appointment-only group of editors and buyers. Not so for Stella McCartney, who always hosts a big party to debut her Resort offerings. And this year was no different.
Stella & co. took over St. Luke’s in the Field in New York’s West Village last week to host a seriously fun beer garden party. Guests entered the garden – which adjoins a school – through a brick archway festooned with balloons. Inside, leggy young models wearing Stella McCartney Resort looks mingled with a crowd that included Bono, Estelle, Liv Tyler, and Naomi Watts, along with editors from every major fashion mag and department store in town.
Continue reading “Stella McCartney’s Beer Garden Party” »