This Fourth of July, declare your independence from those chocolate-chip cookies you bring to every cookout and brighten up the party with these super-patriotic (and super-simple) chocolate-covered strawberries.
Taste and Tell says you can make these all-American after-dinner treats without a recipe, but we figured we’d break it down for you.
- Strawberries, washed and dried
- White chocolate
- Blue sugar or sprinkles
- Put the chocolate in a bowl and heat it in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Stir the chocolate until it’s smooth.
- If the chocolate hasn’t completely melted, keep microwaving it for 30-second intervals, stirring after each time.
- Take a strawberry and dip it in the melted chocolate, then in the sugar.
- Place the dipped strawberry on a sheet of waxed paper to cool.
Once all the berries are dipped and the chocolate has hardened, arrange them on a platter and watch them disappear before you can light a sparkler.
By Leah Welcome, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The Style Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.