Minimizing paint splatter is high priority when painting a house or room, but when it comes to this DIY paint splatter manicure, the messier the better. Show off your creativity using the steps below.
What You’ll Need:
- White nail polish
- Two contrasting nail polish colors (I used Milani’s “Fresh Teal” and Sally Hansen’s “Fuchsia Power”)
- Paper plates
- Plastic drinking straw
- Clear top coat
- Cotton swabs
- Nail polish remover
- Paint on two coats of white nail polish and let dry completely.
- Choose the colored polish you would like to “splatter” on your nails first. Drop a small amount onto a paper plate, as shown above.
- Cut a straw in half and dip one end into the polish, making sure to coat the entire hole of the straw.
- Take a deep breath and blow into the straw. Don’t be alarmed if the polish gets on your skin – it happens.
- Repeat steps 2 – 4 with the second colored polish.
- Apply a clear top coat.
- Clean off the excess polish around your nails and on your skin with cotton swabs and nail polish remover.
By Carolyn Schultz, Staff Writer
Have a manicure tip? Share in the comments below, or tweet us at @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.