Sure, cooking may seem exceptionally daunting at times – but that’s where these tried-and-true culinary tips come in. (Take note.)
- Leave the root in while dicing to hold the onion together.
- Store residual bacon grease in glass (not plastic).
- Frozen couscous will stay good for up to three months.
- Blot meat before browning so it doesn’t steam – and does crust.
- Clean the coffeemaker with a solution of white vinegar and cold water.
- Let an apple pie cool at room temperature for two to three hours before cutting.
- To avoid making a mess while mixing, always use a bigger bowl than you think you’ll need.
- After filleting a fish, use lemon juice to remove the odor from your hands.
Our Rue Cooking School Boutique opens Monday, April 22, at 3PM ET.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.