A walk-in closet? These days, it’s only a figment of my imagination. But Theresa Roemer, a former beauty queen in Houston, has hit the jackpot — her fabulous wardrobe calls this 3,000-square-foot closet home. Affectionately nicknamed the “she-cave,” the three-story space is as tidy as it is impressive. How ever does she keep those Birkins, Louboutins, and H-clad belts so orderly? Theresa shared her organizing secrets with FabSugar, and whether your storage is minimal or endless, we think these three tips are worth trying.
Don’t be intimidated by spring cleaning – notoriously untidy rooms can be tamed. So say goodbye to overflowing laundry piles and out-of-control dresser drawers, then follow these room-by-room tips for some much-needed relief.
1. Keep spaces looking clean by pouring soaps into separate drip-free canisters.
2. For crisp stacks, use a folding board on dress shirts and towels.
3. A laundry cart with supply drawers and ironing surfaces will straighten things up.
1. For easy-to-access outfits, arrange clothes by category and color.
2. Use baskets for off-season clothing or easy-to-store items like scarves and accessories.
3. Have a walk-in? Make it double as a dressing space by hanging a mirror.
Our Organize & Decorate for Spring, Room by Room Boutique opens Thursday, April 17, at 3PM ET.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.
It’s been real, summer, but the time has come to send you and your nautical-loving wardrobe on its way. I’m talking out with old and breezy and in with the new and cozy. Although a solid turnover will probably take you a whole day, it doesn’t have to be a headache. The key is to keep at it. Don’t get distracted by having your own fashion show in front of the mirror (though if you do, no judgments here). Now that you’re prepped, let’s get into the nitty gritty: