A Tuesday roundup of our recent Pinterest obsessions
It’s road-trip time. From Boston to Phoenix, behold: a collection of inspiration for your next weekend getaway. Pack the car, turn on some tunes (“Hot town, summer in the city…”), and make way for the highway.
1. Chicago is the place to be when temps soar. Catch a game at Wrigley Field, then cool down in Lake Michigan.
2. Walk The Highline, shop Brooklyn Flea, and go on a pizza tour? Please, take us to New York. Today.
3. Nothing says summer quite like palm trees set against the sunset in Miami’s South Beach.
4. Had enough humidity? Head to the dry heat of Phoenix. Canyons, cacti, and local flavors, like green chili sauce and jerk chicken.
5. And finally, visit Boston – our hometown – for North End cannoli, Newbury Street, and the breezy Public Garden (along with its tulips and swan boats).
Can’t get enough Pinterest inspiration? Check out past boards that caught our eye.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.
BY CHITOWN FASHIONISTA BLOGGER NIKIA JEFFERSON
Chicago street style is a mixture of various regions, but there is always one central focus: function. Fashion-forward Chicagoans are known for using current trends to create effortless style. In a lakefront city filled with festivals and markets, mobility and comfort are ideal. Since we tend to stick to simple shapes and silhouettes, colors and patterns are key components to one’s individuality.
Here are a few trends that are currently garnering attention on the streets of Chicago:
These are the ideal combination of comfort and personality. Bright colors, cool graphics, and bold personal statements are the prominent characteristics of the Ts being worn by men and women across the city. Men are coordinating the Ts with classic denim, fresh “kicks” (those are shoes, by the way), and vintage sunglasses. Women, on the other hand, choose to play up their femininity by rocking their Ts with skinny jeans or full skirts. With several local designers launching T-shirt lines in the recent months, this trend may be around for awhile.
Continue reading “Blogger Bliss: Chic in Chicago” »