Seeking to upgrade your work environment from hectic to healthy in the New Year? Check out these surprisingly easy tips below and strive to make 2015 as stress-free as possible.
- Start Meetings with Clear Intentions. Focus your team by setting straightforward and attainable goals. This way, you’ll step out of Conference Room B feeling like you’ve actually made progress.
- Create a Quiet Space. Designate a room for silent contemplation. The area will serve as a haven away from noisy cubicles (i.e., gossiping neighbors) and promote relaxation.
- Partake in Charity Work. Gather coworkers and give back to your community. You’ll build stronger work relationships and feel good about your high-five-worthy contribution.
- Practice Active Listening. A.k.a., put the cell phone down and engage in meetings. Show that you’re paying attention with nods and smiles, be open to fellow attendees’ input, and provide honest feedback.
- Showcase Positive Values. People thrive at companies where they feel appreciated. Offer meetings that help build, flesh out, and spread your company’s values.
Looking for calm outside your 9-to-5? Our Canyon Ranch® Boutique opens Monday, January 5, at 11AM ET.
By Emily Ketterer, Staff Writer
Which of these office relaxation techniques would you try? Tweet us at @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.