In an effort to get more organized in the New Year (and have a place to display the workout tips, recipes, shopping lists, and inspirations of my 2k13 resolutions), I set out to make a personalized, four-panel corkboard this week. I can’t promise I’ll keep every resolution, but at least I have a decorative and practical way to remind me that a girl can try!
What you’ll need:
• Box cutter
• Acrylic paint in the color of your choice
• Adhesive mounting strips
• Adornments (optional)
• Push pins
How to do it:
1. Cut the cork into equal-sized squares using a ruler and box cutter.
2. Using a paintbrush, lightly coat the stamp with paint (note that too much paint can cause a smudge).
3. Create a repeating pattern on the cork squares, re-coating with paint before each stamp.
4. Once the paint dries, stick your corkboards to the wall using the adhesive mounting strips (you may want to use the removable type if you live in an apartment).
5. Get creative and add any adornments, like ribbon or even earrings.
6. Use the push pins to hang reminders, recipes, photos, or inspirations.
By Grace Romanowsky of Valenki By ACE, Staff Writer
How did your road test fare? Share it in the comments below or tweet us at @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.