By Jackie Nasser, Rue La La Fashion Director
She seemingly came out of nowhere, but now, this girl is on everyone’s radar. And I mean everyone’s. After nabbing the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress from right under Jennifer Lawrence’s nose, stealing the show at every red-carpet event, and sparking dating rumors with fellow Oscar winner Jared Leto (he even referred to her as “my future ex-wife” in one of his acceptance speeches), it’s no wonder we’re all a little Lupita-obsessed right now.
While her performance in 12 Years a Slave got our attention, it’s her unique style that has us all really enthralled. It’s not easy to outshine Angelina Jolie, Cate Blanchett, and Julia Roberts on the red carpet, but somehow, Lupita has managed to do it time and again. Here are my picks for her top five awards-show looks.
Continue reading “Loving Lupita: Our Fashion Director on Hollywood’s New It Girl” »
Each week our fashion editor decides who deserves top style honors
Between post-Oscar parties and Paris Fashion Week, the past seven days were packed with celebs dressed to the nines. But this list is only for the very best – check out who made the cut.
- Diane Kruger in Valentino at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party
- Elle Fanning in a houndstooth ensemble and powder-blue coat at Miu Miu’s F/W 2014 runway show
- Reese Witherspoon in Giambattista Valli couture at the Independent Spirit Awards
- Jaime King in Ulyana Sergeenko couture at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party
- Miroslava Duma at Vogue Germany’s party for Mario Testino
By Nicole Andrew, Fashion Editor
Who made your best-dressed list this week? Tweet us at @ruelala to share.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.