1. We’ve started planning for Memorial Day – and this board has our dessert table covered.
2. Are you as pumped for a coffee break as we are?
3. Color us crazy, but some of these vibrant combos are blowing us away.
4. Our sleep space could use a revamp. Cue the inspiration to get us there.
5. These luxe hair accessories have us rethinking our everyday ponytail.
Can’t get enough Pinterest inspiration? Check out past boards that caught our eye.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.
Whether you’re entertaining out-of-towners for the holidays or looking to spruce up your own sleeping space, follow these easy at-home tips to create a bedroom that’s all about relaxation.
1. Make the bed. It may sound obvious, but if you’re anything like me, you know how temping it can be to throw that comforter over a pile of jumbled sheets and call it a day. Get into the habit of making the bed right after you brush your teeth, and after a long, tiresome day, it will feel as if housekeeping stopped by to tuck in your covers.
2. Stick with one color palette, & upgrade your thread count. Nothing feels more like a hotel room than crisp, white, freshly washed linens, but a soothing sky blue or neutral tone will have the same stress-relieving effect. And if there’s one thing to splurge on in the bedroom, it’s the sheets (not the TV). Up that thread count, or choose a luxury cotton like Egyptian or Supima.
3. Fresh flowers. We don’t often think of buying flowers if we’re not entertaining or greeting someone special, but a freshly cut bouquet perched on a bedside table or vanity circulates oxygen and heightens the room by adding color and pleasing aromas.
Continue reading “Hotel at Home: Fall Asleep in a Five-Star Suite” »
Like in fashion, everyone has a sleeping style all their own. I, for one, can’t get some good shut-eye without an abundance of super-soft blankets and pillows at my disposal, while others may opt for a more simple approach. In honor of all the diverse sleepers out there, this quiz answers that burning question – what style of bedroom is perfect for you?