As summer approaches, the air changes – and our skin goes into its routine seasonal shock. Dark sun spots. Red pimples (curse the humidity). Freckles appearing as if from nowhere. And that natural, barely there look you were aiming for turns in to a cakey mess with the over-application of ivory concealers, nude foundations, and white powders.
1. Assess your face in the mirror and identify the areas that require coverage.
- Red spots: pimples or rosacea
- Brown spots: sun spots or scars
- Purple or blue spots: veiny eyelids or circles under eyes
- Orange spots: freckles
2. Use a color corrector liquid or powder compact (or both, depending on the severity of your spots) to dab away blemishes with their color opposites.
Hint: Less is more. The advantage of this technique, as opposed to using cover-up, is that these colors disguise the blemishes completely. Try not to paint it on.
3. Use an allover white face powder after you color correct and before applying bronzer or blush.
By Julia Ivins, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.