Daylight may be (gasp) fading fast, but that doesn’t necessarily mean we’re ready to huddle up indoors. For a fuss-free dish that can be whipped up before the sun sets, consider stuffed avocados. Just as lovable as their cousin guacamole, these snacks are healthier, heat-free, and ready to eat in 30 minutes.
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and patted dry
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons tandoori masala spice blend
- 1 tablespoon grape-seed or avocado oil
- 1 batch tahini sauce
- 4 ripe avocados, halved, pits removed
- Lemon juice
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 baby tomatoes, diced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- Heat a large skillet over medium. While it warms up, add chickpeas to a bowl and toss with sea salt and masala spices.
- Once skillet is hot, add oil and the above mixture to the pan and sauté, stirring frequently, until slightly crispy and browned, about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Once the chickpeas are finished, remove from the stove and set aside to cool. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Prepare the tahini sauce at this time (see instructions in the link above).
- To serve, halve avocados and remove pits. You can leave or remove the skin.
- Top with a generous squeeze of lemon juice, chickpeas, parsley, tomatoes, onion, and desired sauce.
Dig in immediately – like summer, these bites won’t last long.
By Kim Watson, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The Style Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.