When it comes to fashion icons, Audrey Hepburn is at the top of our list. From oversized sunglasses to a single strand of pearls, there’s no denying this movie star’s influence on fashion. She practically set the standard for Hollywood glamour. But it’s her classy, ladylike looks we love the most: simple silhouettes, structured accessories, and a dazzling smile.
To snag a bit of her signature style, follow these easy steps:
- Remember three little letters: L.B.D. Audrey took the simple black dress from understated to statement making. How’d she do it? With a cinched waist and a simple strand of pearls.
- Never shy away from a bold red lip. To pull any outfit together, just swipe on your favorite shade of crimson, flash a smile, and go.
- Invest in a pair of striking sunglasses. You’ll need to be shaded from those flashing lights.
- Embrace menswear. Audrey was the first to make a pantsuit feel as feminine as a ball gown – it’s all in how you carry yourself.
- The best accessory? Confidence. You’re never fully dressed without it.
For extra inspiration, head to our Make It Your Own: Style Inspired by Audrey Hepburn Boutique launching Sunday, May 3, at 11AM ET.
By Kim Watson, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The Style Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.