I was only a year old when the movie When Harry Met Sally first debuted on the big screen on July 14, 1989. It’s true, I could barely hold my own bottle. But that didn’t stop me from, years later, sitting down with friends to watch one of the most influential rom-coms in pop culture history. And, yes, we’re still watching.
Image via TIME.com
Continue reading “When Harry Met Sally, a Quarter Century Ago” »
A Tuesday roundup of our recent Pinterest obsessions
Trending in 2014? Engagements. We’re only a week into March, and there are already too many aisle-bound starlets to count.
1. Forget Full House. Mary-Kate Olsen is all grown up – and we can’t wait to see what the boho princess brings to the alter (aside from Ashley as the MOH).
2. Marnie may be a mess on this season of Girls, but we have a feeling Allison Williams will be the picture of perfection come her big day.
3. Christina Aguilera is a style chameleon (“Dirrty,” anyone?). So, the only thing we can confidently predict about her big day is that it will be totally over the top.
4. With Ashton Kutcher as the groom, there’s no way Mila Kunis's wedding won’t be a blast.
5. We can’t wait to stalk Us Weekly for photos from Emma Roberts and Evan Peters’s ceremony – even if it is just to see what Aunt Julia is wearing.
Can’t get enough Pinterest inspiration? Check out past boards that caught our eye.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.
“DATE NIGHT” WITH BLOGGERS CHRISTINE MITCHELL AND SKIP BROOKS
Ready for “Date Night”? Shortly after Christine Mitchell started her blog N’East Style, she reached out to Skip Brooks, creator of the style blog Alex Grant, in the hopes of starting a collaboration project. Inspired by a post Christine had done on the style of “Jaws,” Skip proposed they recreate outfits from their favorite movies in a “Date Night” series. While Skip puts together the lead male role’s look, Christine handles the lead female. Both outfits appear on “N’East Style” every Friday and Saturday. With a host of avid readers eager to recommend movies, Christine and Skip agreed to sneak Killers in just for us.
Continue reading “Killer Style in Killers” »