Immediately recognizable in any ensemble, Amrita Singh‘s Indian-inspired pieces have made quite the mark on the jewelry world. Using vibrant colors and geometric shapes, her designs are more like mini masterpieces than baubles (but you already knew that). What you don’t know? Read on.
- Amrita graduated from the Fashion Institute of Technology.
- She completed the prestigious two-year executive development program at Bergdorf Goodman in New York City.
- She’s worked with world-renowned designers, like Oscar de la Renta and Christian Lacroix.
- She launched her first collection in January 2003.
- She has two jewelry lines: her contemporary label and her fine jewelry collection.
- She draws upon the designs of India and the Mughal dynasty to create artisanal Indian jewelry and accessories that are both distinctive and timeless.
- Her jewelry fuses old-world aesthetics with new-world fashion, resulting in breathtakingly unique, wearable works of art.
- She was nominated by FGI (Fashion Group International) for the Rising Star Award in the Fine Jewelry Category in 2006, 2007, and 2008.
Our Amrita Singh Boutique opens Tuesday, April 9, at 11AM ET.
By Brianna Lapolla, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.