What It Is:
Dry brushing is an opportunity to give your body’s largest organ the TLC it needs. And believe it or not, this skincare regime has been around for centuries.
Why Do It:
- Tightens skin and helps distribute fat deposits (goodbye, cellulite)
- Helps tone muscles
- Exfoliates and eliminates dead skin cells
- Stimulates oil glands (think smoother-than-ever skin)
- Increases circulation
- Improves your metabolism
- Helps the body detox (for much less money than a juice cleanse)
- Stimulates nerve endings to give the nervous system a reboot
How to Do It:
- Before your morning shower, grab a firm-bristled brush. It is best to use one that is cactus- or vegetable-derived.
- Start on the soles of your feet and brush upwards with long, gentle strokes.
- Move up through your body, brushing softly towards your heart.
- Avoid breast area, but move through abdomen and arms.
- Continue up through the back of the neck.
- Rinse off and finish with a few sips of hot lemon water.
Our conclusion? The beauty movement isn’t nearly as crazy as it sounds – and we’re about to try it.
By Carolyn Bothwell, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The Style Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.