Our happiest coincidence yet: Catching the Coyuchi photo shoot down in the studio! Our expert buyers selected this brand because it’s 100% organic, incredibly soft, and “the quality is second to none.” We love the texture, which carries an ethereal feel – in part due to its origins in a teeny, tiny town surrounded by ocean, forests, beach, and bluff. Don’t tell our boss, but we may have nodded off on set.
Our Coyuchi Bed & Bath Linens Boutique opens Saturday, January 14, 2012 at 11AM ET.
Nautical navy and white stripes are one of our favorite year-round looks. But with winter months making layering a necessity, we’ve noticed a warming trend: the addition of faux fur. Fuzzy vests and cool scarves are topping the seafaring style for a look that reads cool and cozy.
We’re rounding out 2011 with a countdown of our favorite trends that we’ll be keeping alive into 2012. In honor of our 100 Best Trends Of The Year Boutique, opening Saturday December 31, 2011 at 11AM ET, we snapped shots of Rue Associates wearing a few of the trends you can find in the Boutique.
We spotted faux fur vests, printed blouses, ponchos, lace, and infinity scarves around the halls at Rue. Tell us – what trends do you hope to find in the Boutique?
With sneaky kids and significant others tiptoeing around on the hunt for presents, we have to get a little crafty to keep hidden gifts out of sight and mind. We won’t blow any covers or name any names, but we posed the question, “What are some of the more crazy places that you’re hiding gifts?”
Play It Safe
“I am hiding mine in the storage facility in a safe. Others are in the trunk of the ‘summer’ car. Some are still at the store.”
- Information Security Officer
“I hide ‘em in the dirty laundry bin – no one dares to snoop through there. I just make sure they are concealed in something!”
- Business Development Associate
“I placed a pair of gloves wrapped in a box in the linen closet underneath the too-small-flannel-fitted-sheet-set I haven’t used since the Clinton Administration.”
- Executive Assistant
Raise the Roof
“One year when I was little, my mom moved the ceiling tiles, stuffed the presents up there, and then put the tiles back in place.”
What unusual hiding spots have you found yourself using?
Rue Copy Director Rachel saw a Celtics book on The Coveteur – one of her favorite, must-read blogs. Having fallen in love with the artwork, she searched for it on eBay.
Her husband Jim is a huge Celtics fan (with season tickets and all). Complete with vintage photos of Larry Bird, this book will make the perfect Hanukkah gift for him.
“Who knows – maybe the book will show up in Jim’s sock drawer early as an unexpected treat.”
Have you finished your holiday shopping yet? Tell us what you’ve bought so far. (And note to gifters, Rue’s Guaranteed For 12/23 shipping ends at midnight on December 19!)
Jill, one our style-savvy Assistant Buyers, has an eye for classic fashion and gorgeous design. We were thrilled to pick her brain on her favorites from today’s Boutiques.
1. For my fabulous best friend: She likes to add a few trendy accessories to the business attire she wears throughout the workweek. Fur is such a big trend this season, and this scarf is the perfect way to customize her look.
2. For my boyfriend: This is such an amazing piece – it’s a great place to both organize and display his watch and cufflink collection!
3. For my mom: She is the queen of accessories! This is a great surprise and the perfect way to accessorize that little black dress she’ll be wearing to her holiday parties.
Our What She (Really) Wants and What He (Really) Wants Boutiques open today, Sunday December 4, 2011, at 11AM ET.
He counts Balenciaga and Tod’s among his favorite brands, so we couldn’t wait to see what kind of luxe gifts Art Director Hung is giving.
1. My older sis: She’s a stay-at-home mom who wants to be comfy but chic. This black tee from RED Valentino is so versatile – she can pair it with jeans or a pencil skirt.
2. My best friend Sheila: She hoards bags (can you blame her?). She already has the “Alexa,” but she will die when she sees the gold hardware on this Mulberry “Tillie” Leather Satchel.
3. For my aunt: The ultimate woman on-the-go. This Bottega Veneta “Cabat” bag would be the perfect size for her. The buttery softness doesn’t hurt either.
Our The Platinum Box: Gifts From Mulberry, Cartier, & More is now open.
A man of (very) few words, Rue business analyst Mark gets right to the point with his gift list.
1. For myself: For making mini-frittatas on a lazy Sunday morning.
2. For Josh, our fearless project manager: He likes to drink tea. This can keep hot water at his desk all day.
3. For my fiancé: She likes to stay cozy in the winter, but can’t keep her fingers off her iPhone.
Shop our Gifts Under $25 Boutique now open.