A tiny split in an otherwise-pristine manicure? This can become a pretty painful beauty blunder – fast. But no need to clip all your nails in a panicked frenzy. Just follow the six simple steps below for a quick fix.
What you’ll need:
- Nail clippers
- Nail file
- Empty tea bag
- Clear topcoat
- Nail polish color of choice
- Clip and file your nail to get as close to the split as possible.
- Cut a small patch out of the tea bag that can cover the break in your nail (coffee filters also work for this step). This will prevent the split from snagging while it grows out.
- Paint your nail with the clear topcoat. While the polish is still wet, place the clipped tea bag over the split.
- Let dry, then buff the nail to smooth out any bumps and make sure the tea bag is flat to the nail.
- To keep the patch intact, place another coat of clear polish over the nail.
- Paint your nails with your favorite colored polish to hide the tea bag.
And just like that, you’ve prevented another manicure malfunction from getting out of hand.
By Ashley Bell, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The Style Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.