So maybe you want to get off the couch and run a 5K. Or you already do a little something active daily, whether it’s jogging, pickup basketball, Pilates, or tennis. Or maybe you run 50 miles a week, easy. (No big deal.) Whatever your level, there’s a race out there for you. And we’ve found it.
For the Beginner:
- 5K Foam Fest: A fun intro to the obstacle-filled mud-run world you’ve heard so much about. This course has a soapy, foamy, sudsy side, too.
- The Color Run: Dubbed the “Happiest 5K on the Planet,” you’ll start the run wearing white. And finish splashed in a kaleidoscope of vibrant hues.
- Fifth Avenue Mile: A 20-block stretch of Fifth Avenue gets shut down for this race. Think of it as a combo of your (newfound) love of running with your (all-time) love of shopping.
For the Intermediate Athlete:
- Warrior Dash: Want to tackle the world’s largest obstacle-race series? This is it. Get seriously dirty, then celebrate with a turkey leg and a cold brew when you’re done.
- Jazz Half Marathon: No hill training required for this 13.1-mile race. The New Orleans course is flat.
- Reggae Marathon: Head to Jamaica for your pick of a marathon, half marathon, or 10K. You’ll also get blessed by Rastafarian drummers in a torch-lit predawn ritual.
For the Advanced Runner:
- Lake Tahoe Marathon: How much are you up for? 20 Miler. Marathon. Triple Marathon. The 72 Ultra. Get to Lake Tahoe early and get acclimated.
- Lidingöloppet: Take a trip to Sweden for the 50th anniversary of the world’s largest cross-country race. It’s best-known course is a hard and hilly 30K. You ready?
- Rugged Maniac: This mud-and-obstacle race is raising the bar with over 20 obstacles. Expect to jump over fire and shoot down a 50-foot waterslide.
Outfit your run from head to toe. Our ASICS Boutique opened Thursday, July 17, at 11AM ET.
By Chrissy Makkas, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.