Tommy Bahama’s Island-Inspired Look Gets an Update
Thanks to Tommy Bahama, island life has a new look. It’s younger. More playful. And more flattering, too (it’s totally okay to admit that’s something you care about). Take the brand’s signature shirts, for example, and read on to learn how they’ve changed.
The Fit: Though still relaxed, it’s trimmer. As long as you pick up the right size, there’s no chance of looking like you’re drowning in it.
The Fabric: It’s light and airy – think linen, cotton, silk, and silk blends – which is basically code for breathable. So staying cool? No sweat.
The Prints: Fun, island-inspired, and original, they work with more than your old man’s khakis. We suggest pairing them with the brand’s now-leaner pants.
Start filling your closet with island-state-of-mind staples. Our Tommy Bahama Boutique opens Friday, June 20, at 3PM ET.
By Chrissy Makkas, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.
The Rue La La & Tommy Bahama Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Please read these rules (the “Official Rules”) before entering the Sweepstakes. By entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements set forth below.
1. Eligibility. Participation in The Rue La La & Tommy Bahama Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are aged 18 or older as of the date of entry. Sweepstakes is void elsewhere and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Retail Convergence.com, LP (“Sponsor”) and Tommy Bahama R&R Holdings, Inc. (“Tommy Bahama”) and each of their respective parent and related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, and any manufacturers or distributors of Sweepstakes materials (collectively, all of the foregoing, the “Released Parties”), and their immediate family members (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. How to Enter. To enter the Sweepstakes, you must log into the Rue La La website at www.ruelala.com using your account information, read and agree to the Official Rules, and click the “Enter Now” button.
All entrants must have a valid email address. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address during the Sweepstakes Period, as defined below. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entries are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
3. Start/End Dates. Sweepstakes begins at 3:00:01 pm Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 20, 2014 and ends at 2:59:59 pm ET on June 23, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor shall be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
4. Random Drawing/Odds. Six (6) entrants (the “Winners”) will be selected in a random drawing on or about June 24, 2014 from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. All random drawings will be conducted by Sponsor. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize Winner shall receive A Relaxing Weekend in Scottsdale, AZ for the Winner and one (1) guest consisting of the following, subject to the Prize Terms and Conditions listed below:
- Two (2) night luxury hotel accommodations in Scottsdale, AZ;
- Economy roundtrip airfare for the Winner and one (1) guest;
- Ground transportation for two (2) to/from the airport;
- Dinner for two (2) at the Tommy Bahama Restaurant in Scottsdale, AZ (up to $300);
- One (1) round of golf at the hotel (up to $200);
- One (1) treatment at the spa located at the hotel (up to $250);
- One (1) Tommy Bahama Gift Card in the amount of $250.
The Approximate Retail Value (the “ARV”) of the Grand Prize will not exceed $3,600.
First Prize. Five (5) First Prize Winners shall each receive a Tommy Bahama Gift Card in the amount of $100, subject to the Tommy Bahama Gift Card terms and conditions listed below. The ARV of the First Prizes is $500.
Prizes are subject to the following Terms and Conditions (the “Prize Terms and Conditions”):
Travel must be completed within twelve (12) months of when Grand Prize is awarded or Grand Prize will be forfeited. Winner and one (1) guest must travel together on the same itinerary, from the closest major airport to the Winner’s residence, and both Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents prior to travel. Certain restrictions, as determined by Sponsor, may apply. Sponsor will attempt to accommodate Winner’s preferred itinerary, but all specifics thereof, including hotel, will be at Sponsor’s discretion. Hotel accommodation shall consist of one (1) standard room, double occupancy and shall include all taxes and surcharges. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice and trip must be taken on a date of the Sponsor’s choosing. Flight details are subject to availability and airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. The trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Released Parties are not responsible for lost or mutilated tickets and none will be replaced. Airline tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and are not valid for upgrades. In the event the Winner lives within 250 miles from Scottsdale, AZ, ground transportation only (not air transportation) will be provided to and from the hotel. If any portion of the prize is not available for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute that portion of the prize with another prize of comparable or greater value. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18), unless the child or legal ward of Winner, and must complete and return a publicity and liability release at least ten (10) days prior to departure. If guest is the child or legal ward of the Winner, Winner must execute and return all required documents on behalf of such child or legal ward. If Winner and guest cannot comply with these restrictions or any other portion of these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate Winner will be chosen. Sponsor will not compensate Winner for any portion of the prize not redeemed or for the entire value of the prize if not able to comply with these Prize Terms and Conditions. Actual prize value depends on the location of the Grand Prize Winner’s residence and dates of travel. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide a valid major credit card upon hotel registration and all in-room charges, meals, beverages, hotel upgrades, amenities, personal incidentals, and any other expenses charged to the Grand Prize Winner’s hotel room will be charged to the Grand Prize Winner’s major valid credit card provided. Any other costs and expenses associated with Grand Prize not listed herein as part of the prize including, without limitation, additional ground transportation, luggage fees, souvenirs, miscellaneous hotel expenses, and gratuities are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
Tommy Bahama Gift Card Terms and Conditions. Tommy Bahama Gift Cards are subject to the following terms and conditions: i) valid only at US Tommy Bahama stores, restaurants and at www.tommybahama.com, ii) not redeemable for cash on demand (except as may be required by applicable state laws), iii) and may not be used towards the purchase of additional cards, iv) is not replaceable if lost, stolen or damaged; however, any value remaining on a reportedly lost, stolen or damaged card may be voided and transferred to a new card by presenting original proof of purchase, and v) does not expire and no dormancy fees will be charged. Upon use, any remaining balance will be maintained electronically for later redemption.
The total ARV of the prizes will not exceed $4,100. Additional prize award details may be provided to the Winners at the time of the prize notification. Prize winners may not substitute, assign or transfer any prize or redeem any non-monetary prize for money. No substitutions or cash redemptions. If in the case of unavailability of any prize or any component of a prize, Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitution of equal or greater value. The ARV of the prizes set forth above represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the retail value thereof, and the actual fair market value, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. Sponsor will issue a Form 1099MISC to the Grand Prize Winner for the total fair market value of the prize he/she receives. Each Winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prizes.
The Winners acknowledge that the Sponsor, Released Parties, and all other businesses affiliated with this Sweepstakes and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of the prizes being offered.
AN ENTRANT is not A winner, even if the sweepstakes SHOULD so indicate, unless and until entrant’s eligibility haS been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process.
6. Notification. The Winners will be notified by email on or about June 24, 2014 and may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and W9 within five (5) days of prize notification. If any Winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any Winner rejects his/her prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries, time permitting. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one prize per person or household.
7. License/Usage. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. By entering, each entrant agrees to the use by Sponsor or Tommy Bahama of his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, picture, portrait, voice, likenesses, biographical information, and/or statements for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion in any media (now known or hereafter known) throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and the Winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use of any and every nature and kind.
8. Release. By participating, each entrant and Winner agrees to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, breach of contract and/or merchandise delivery. Neither Sponsor nor any Released Parties are responsible for any damages, taxes, or expenses that the Winner might incur as a result of this Sweepstakes or receipt of prize. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way, may be disqualified.
9. Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to identity of entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Neither Sponsor nor Released Parties are responsible for errors in content or misprinting, technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web-site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes (in its sole discretion) for any reason, including but not limited to, should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In case of termination, Sponsor will select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism or for any other reason outside Sponsor’s reasonable control. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB-SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $10.00. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, City of Boston.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of Suffolk in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
12. Winner Information. To obtain Winner confirmation, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by August 15, 2014 to: Retail Convergence.com, LP, 20 Channel Center, Boston, MA 02210, Attn: Marketing Department: Winner Confirmation Request – The Rue La La & Tommy Bahama Sweepstakes.
13. Sponsor. Retail Convergence.com, LP, 20 Channel Center, Boston, MA 02210.
© 2014 Rue La La. All Rights Reserved.