Graduation soirees. Outdoor dinner parties. The summer season is packed with every type of get-together. And whether you’re the host of your social circle or just looking to test out your chef expertise, this beaming collection of Chasseur cast iron will put your feast center stage – even if you went off-recipe. Before your fire up the stovetop? See below for a little know-how from the president of this French brand, Michael Walt.
- Ideal for slow cooking and searing at high temperatures.
- Transferable from stovetop to oven. Grilling steak? Pop it in the broiler to sizzle the top and bottom simultaneously.
- Distributes heat evenly. Be sure the heat source does not expand beyond the base of the pan.
- Freezer and dishwasher safe. That’s right – dishwasher safe.
- Use for grilling, searing, stir-frying, boiling, casseroles, frying, sautéing, and baking – basically anything.
- Stick to wood or silicone utensils to keep the material scratch-free.
- Be sure to handle knobs with oven mitts. The premium heat retention ups their temps.
- Wash and dry the pan before using it for the first time.
- Use medium or low heat and allow the pan to heat thoroughly before use.
- For enameled surfaces, pour oil or liquid into pan before heating to prevent it from drying out. For grills? Preheat first, then add your food or oils.
Our Chasseur Cookware: Brand to Know Boutique opens Tuesday, June 3, at 11AM ET.
By Julia Ivins, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.