10 Easy Ways to Freshen Up Your Spring Style
When it comes to reworking your wardrobe for spring, there’s no need to throw everything out and start over. Just put the puffers and parkas away, ditch the wool socks, and work these small adjustments into your look. Trust us – they make a big impact.
1. Switch Up Your Suit: Navy is a staple. Work it into your suit rotation at least twice. Looking to lighten up? Try dove grey.
2. Darken Your Denim: Midnight blues go with everything. Black is your new night-out alternative.
3. Clean Up Your Scruff: Stubble is having a moment, but that doesn’t mean the caveman look is back. Keep things gentlemanly. Clip to no more than half an inch and shave outside of your natural growth area daily.
4. Sport a Sport Coat: Want instant polish? Toss one of these toppers over chinos or jeans. Keep one on hand for impromptu meetings or a date.
5. Play with Collars: For a collar that means business, try the forward point. (Don’t forget that tie.) Prefer something more laid-back? Lose the tie and go for the abbreviated spread, top button undone.
6. Pick Leather Extras: Wallets. Man bags. Watches. Done up in masculine brown and black, they’re fail-safe.
7. Go Sockless: With the right shoes, why not show a little ankle? To pull off the look, cuff your jeans twice. Pop in a terry-cloth or leather insole to keep things extra fresh.
8. Keep Colors Tonal: This is one of spring’s easiest looks. The key to doing it well? Mixing textures and fabrics. Like suede against linen and crisp cotton. Don’t think too hard.
9. Try Unexpected Details: A bow tie with a chambray shirt. A slim tie tucked between your third and fourth buttons. A pocket square peeking out of a linen blazer. Don’t be afraid to dare when it comes to the details.
10. Add a Little Luxe: Whether it’s a silk tie or a leather briefcase, all it takes is one designer piece to elevate your look.
Our 10 Tips for Men’s Spring Dressing Boutique opens Thursday, April 17, at 11AM ET.
By Chrissy Makkas, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.